We are seeking a Quality Supervisor at our Lanett, AL folding carton facility. The Quality Supervisor is responsible to assist the Quality Manager to plan, direct and manage the operations of the Quality Department in a safety oriented work environment while maintaining customer satisfaction and effectively managing employees, regulations and processes affecting the overall quality system. The Quality Supervisor is responsible to visit customers to support customer satisfaction, as necessary.
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT - Work with Quality Manager and department managers in determining process improvements to achieve high quality while meeting production schedules.
SAFETY – Promote safety program, meet safety goals, meet all government standards and ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENTS – Review customer feedback to determine root cause of quality problems and assist in support and administering customer complaint process; work with department managers in identifying and analyzing root causes and assist in implementing corrective actions.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT – Supervise the training and development of employees.
QUALITY – assist and support the Quality Manager in the maintenance of the quality system, to achieve plant quality goals, develop quality procedures and facilitate quality audits to ensure compliance with all ISO and AIB procedures, support complaint system and process, as well as assist departments manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION – support customer satisfaction by email, call or visit to customer as necessary.
· Customer quality index
· Successful AIB and ISO certification
· Achieve customer satisfaction as measured by surveys
· Achieve customer complaint rate goal
· Achieve carton reject rate goal
Scope of Work
· Lanett Plant Quality system process and customer base
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· BS or BA degree in business or technical field or equivalent related experience
· Excellent communicating skills including verbal, written and interpersonal
· Supervisory experience
· Proficient in PC based programs
· Excellent leadership, management, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to direct employees to meet stated work objectives
· Thorough understanding of manufacturing and quality systems
Working Conditions and General Work Requirements
· Hearing and eye protection
· Safety shoes
· Standing and walking
· Overnight travel – up to 75%
If you have the skillset and desire to be successful in this role, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.